Jiofi a unique product from the big company Reliance Jio, is a portable WI-FI device specially formulated for internet use. The device can be used either indoors or small business, as it can hotspot 10 devices simultaneously. The device works well with smartphone and PC thus offering 4G internet speeds.
With knowledge about router password and that each password is indicated at the back of the router. This can easily be access thus reducing the internet speeds due to heavy usage of the WI-FI. Changing password and username is one step to increasing internet speed since no leakage of the internet to unknown people.
How to change Jiofi wifi password and username
Changes needed don’t require professional intervention, any user can change password and install different setting guided by the simple steps below:
- Using you PC or laptop go to the web browser and enter: http://jiofi.local.html or http://jiofidongle.local.html this applies for the Jiofi Dongle users.
- On the homepage select the login tab on the top of the page.
- In cases of password and username, one is required to enter Administrator for both slots.
- Proceed to the WI-FI settings found under the settings menu.
- Go to the security key and enter the WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
- For the wireless encryption enter the AES+TKIP
- After this one can now key in the easy to remember password.
- Confirm all details then select update.
- The new password will now apply.
The simple procedure applies in changing the username. Note Jiofi wifi password and the username happen to be the same and can be easily accessible. This will cause heavy usage and without authorization. We can follow few steps below:
- Go to the web browser and key in the link: http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.1.1
- On the homepage check for the settings tab on the menu.
- Key in your login details which happen to be the common username as administrator and the jiofi wifi password too being administrator.
- On the menu check for the change tab where you can place a strong password.
- This process is given in the above password procedure. After this one needs to change the username by: Selecting the network followed by the WI-FI configuration, Here you can make changes on the username and Select the name of your choice and then click on the save button.
- One can also change both password and username by: Navigating to the setting menu, Select the user management, Continue by clicking on account management, After this you’re required to enter new password and username, You need to confirm the new settings and click ok tab and By this the settings are saved and the process is done.
The above process is only secure if one doesn’t expose the new settings other members. It’s advisable to change passwords and username after sometime to enhance security and avoid internet usage. Password should be strong but easy to remember. Use alphanumeric digits as it’s hard for one to crack the jiofi wifi password or jiofi username.